You now got your niche, we got a domain or hosting plan; installed WordPress and can start filling our website with content.
Important things you should keep in mind when creating content:
- Identify your audience and what they want (remember the problem\solution concept)
- Your content strategy cannot be “build it and they will come” – go for quality over quantity
- You can’t create high quality content unless your content is well researched and well supported – open your comments section to interact with your visitors and fill information gaps when asked for.
- Make your writing actionable and structured – use headlines, subheadlines, images, qoutes, etc.
- Make your content easy to scan.
Enter your keyword / niche and visit the top shared posts. Do not copy any content! Get a feeling for good headlines and popular topics in your niche. Now research your picked topic and come up with a better solution than the top shared posts:
Make it longer – Make it more in-depth – Make it immediately actionable
Where to get content:
- Do it yourself
Pick a topic\problem in your niche – do some research for a solution and write a 400-800 words blog post about it. Mix in some pictures. Use your long-tail keywords. Proper headline structure and you’re good to go. If you want to stick with this tactic check out my notes on content creation: http://www.onlinejobreviews.net/notes/how-to-write-great-content/
- Get inspiration for your next blog topic
- outsource it and let somebody else write the post
This may be the easiest option but it costs money. ($5-$500 per article – depends on quality and source) – search at http://fiverr.com or use SEOclerks also http://warriorforum.com has a lot of quality content producers
There is a big market for this kind of service – just google “writing service” and you will find something. This by the way is also a great niche to build a business if you can produce quality content quickly. But thats another topic.
- create videos
If you have a webcam you can also create a video explaining a solution or reviewing a product. Videos have the advantage that you can use video plattforms to publish your content. Read more about video marketing here
This entry is part 5 of 7 from Newbie Marketing Guide