With Lesson 2 I introduce you to affiliate marketing. You picked a niche / subniche yesterday.
Now we need to find affiliate products to promote. Affiliate marketing means that we send buyers to a product and if a sale is made we get a share of the revenue. Many sites selling services, software and products offer their own affiliate program. The disadvantage is you have to manually sign up to each program. It makes sense if you can drive massive sales to a single product but if you make a sale here and there the best option is to join affiliate marketplaces. Payment processing is completely handled by the marketplace and you get paid by it instead of getting your share from each individual seller.
Go to http://www.clickbank.com – the biggest affiliate/vendor marketplace and get yourself an account as an affiliate partner. (it’s free)
- Choose a product with a gravity between 10 and 100. That number tells us how many affiliates have made sales with that product within the last 14 days.
- Visit the sales pages of the product – read through it. Would you buy it? If the answer is yes there’s a good chance other people buy it too.
- Pick 3-4 different offers which fit your niche and are below $100. It’s easier to sell mid-priced items but that also depends on your traffic. Click on ‘promote’ and you will get your tracking url (opens in a small popup). Only use that link to send your visitors to that offer. It contains your user ID and if the visitor buys that product you get the commission. (between 50% and 75%)
Clickbank is just one marketplace.
I also recommend clicksure which is just another plattform but less products:
This page explains affiliate marketing in detail so please take a minute to read through it.
Your homework for Lesson 2:
- signup at clickbank – optionally at clicksure
- Pick 3-4 products fitting into your subniche.
let me know if you got questions by leaving a comment.
This entry is part 2 of 7 from Newbie Marketing Guide