Video marketing is a great way to market your business with another traffic stream. When implemented properly, video marketing is a sure fire way to increase sales and profits. For video marketing to work, however, it must be properly implemented in an intelligent manner.
Leading Video Plattforms:
Why use Video Marketing:
- Videos provide a 74% increase in visitors’ understanding of a product.
- 45.5% of Internet users view at least one video over the course of a month.
- Created in 2007, we now have more than a million creators from over 30 countries around the world earning money from their YouTube videos
- Thousands of channels are making six figures a year
- An average user spends 16 minutes and 49 seconds watching online video ads every month
- 46% of users take action after viewing a video online
- Your website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product after watching a video
- When video is included in email there’s a 2 – 3 times increase in Click through Rates
- When video is included in email there’s also a 51% increase in subscriber-to-lead conversion rates
Anything else I should know about video marketing?
Don’t be overly complicated in your videos. If you use a lot of technical terms and industry specific language, you are going to bore your viewers. Make your videos for the layperson. If technical language is required, make a second video to offer a deeper insight into the topic for the more advanced viewer.
Short is sweet. Quick videos are more likely to be viewed in full than long-winded commercials. The less you say, the better, but be sure to pack your content full of great information so that the time spent on camera is truly worth watching once you upload the video to the web.
If you are not sure where to begin with your video campaign, check out what your competitors are doing. What seems to be working, and what does not produce results? You can gauge its relative success by reading customer comments and seeing how many times each video was shared. Don’t rip off your rivals’ content, but use it as inspiration.
If you are not really an expert on a topic, do not try to pretend. The best way to get around that is by interviewing people on video that are experts in your niche. A trade show or seminar is a great place to meet people that won’t mind doing a video.
Try taking a behind the scenes approach in your video marketing campaign. Customers love to see how a business really works and they will also appreciate your transparency. Make sure to include info about how your business addresses the needs of its customers and makes their satisfaction a number one priority!
Try not to stress out if your video is not perfect. People are more likely to relate to a video that shows real people, rather than a polished ad that reeks of commercialism. Write your content out carefully, then practice saying it over and over. Then, shoot it and post it.
The content of your video is king. If it’s not fun to watch and providing great information, why would anyone watch it? You have to sit down and dedicate the bulk of your time to coming up with content which people actually wish to find and view so that your video becomes popular.
Whenever you post a video, watch the comments. This is the best way to see which videos truly begin a conversation and which are being ignored. Don’t forget to respond to people who comment so they know that you’re watching what’s being said and learning from what they share with you.
Start off in the middle of the action. Don’t start by saying, “Hello, I’m so-and-so” or you’ll lose the viewer instantly. If you plan to run with the bulls, start the video while you’re running! If you make the viewer do a second take, they won’t move on to the next video.
As was previously talked about in the opening paragraph, video marketing is an absolutely fantastic way to increase both sales and profits. Though it requires a lot of knowledge and work to profit from your video traffic stream. A tool I came by few weeks ago is http://www.tubemogul.com/ which is a pretty cool advertisment software for videos. It’s working closely with the youtube API.
Also check out my traffic guide about youtube video marketing
By the Way – we should also have a quick look on the official youtube stats – pretty impressive and it would be a loss if we are not in with our offer:
Youtube Stats – Viewership
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- We have more than a million advertisers using Google ad platforms, the majority of which are small businesses
- Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube—that’s almost an hour for every person on Earth
- 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 80% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 61 countries and across 61 languages
- According to Nielsen, YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable network
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. The number of people subscribing daily is up more than 3x since last year, and the number of daily subscriptions is up more than 4x since last year
This is just a quick post about that topic. There are endless more tricks to make your video go viral and profitable. I`ll cover that soon.